Mont Fleur is nestled at the base of the mountain slope, offering guests beautiful sea views. The garden offers a variety of flowers to enjoy as well as birds to spot! The swimming pool offers a place to take a dip, which is nice as the undercurrent of the sea on Wilderness Beach can be quite strong.
From Mont Fleur, one can walk to the beach and local Village in just a matter of minutes, as each are less than 1km away. As small as Wilderness is, we are proud to say Wilderness boasts some of the Garden Route’s “Top 10” restaurants. Enjoy the town of Wilderness and its village charm. During the peak summer season, stroll to the village to partake in the Friday Night Market in the Milkwood Village, bringing together freshly made food, live music and a festive atmosphere.
Whilst staying at Mont Fleur in Wilderness, try out:
- Abseiling and kloofing
- Artists visits and art galleries
- Canoeing along the Touw River
- Guided bird watching and coastal walks
- Hiking in the Garden Route National Park – Wilderness Section
- Horse riding in the Wilderness forest
- Local shops and markets with handmade items
- Relaxing on the sweeping sandy white Wilderness beach
- View points like Dolphins Point and Map of Africa
- Water sports at the numerous lakes
After breakfast and your morning coffee at Mont Fleur, why not take advantage of our ideal location and explore what the Garden Route has to offer:
George - 15 km
- Garden Route shopping mall
- George Airport – less than 25 kms from Wilderness
- Golf Courses
- Herold’s Bay and Victoria Bay – great for surfing and swimming
- Strawberry picking & Dairy Farm tours
Sedgefield - 20 km
- Local shops and markets with handmade items
- Lookout points
- Wild Oats Saturday morning market
Knysna - 35 km
- Dolphin and whale watching, and other animal encounters
- Dine on local Oysters and Brews
- Ferry boat and catamaran rides at the Knysna Heads
- Forest visits – hiking, mountain biking, historic drives
- Shopping – art galleries and open air markets
Mossel Bay - 45 km
- Diaz Museum Complex – Maritime / Shell museum and Aquarium
- Helicopter and Microlight flights
- Shark Cage diving
- Waterparks with rides & pools
Oudtshoorn - 60 km
- Cage Diving with crocodiles
- Cango Caves
- Meerkat encounters
- Ostrich farms & rides
- Wine tasting
Plettenberg Bay - 100 km
- Animal sanctuaries including Monkeyland and Birds of Eden
- Bungy jumping
- High end dining
- Hiking and beautiful beaches
- Puzzle Park family adventure
Special Events at Mont Fleur
Mont Fleur is able to accommodate luncheons and dinners for groups up to 30 – 40 people. Send us your event request via our Contact Us page.
L'accueil très chaleureux et l'ambiance "'d'être à la maison", l'emplacement et la vue exceptionnelle, le diner préparé avec bcp d'amour et savoir faire par le propriétaire en personne, bref un endroit qui donne envie à rester et revenir!!
Great views with warm hospitality
Lou, the owner, was so nice to us. He explained about the area, told us stories, and gave us the feeling that we're at home. In addition, the breakfast was excellent and the dinner was brilliant! The room is very comfortable, the views are stunning, and it's all clean and warm.
Excellent accommodation close to town centre.
Friendly, informative host booked very good restaurant for us within walking distance. Comfortable room with mini bar and patio overlooking verdant garden area. Wide range of cooked breakfast choices.
Great hosts made us feel at home.
A wonderful stay!
The location is great, the hospitality was so warm that we felt home.
Angefangen von der sehr netten Begrüßung bis hin zum lustigen und sehr leckeren Abendessen sowie Frühstück war es einfach toll. Das Cottage war sehr nett eingerichtet und die Lage ist super. In 5 Minuten ist man bis zum Strand gelaufen.
Friendly and helpfull.
Great host, great food, great location!
Great host! Lou is a wonderful person to be around and has great staff. The rooms were nice and comfortable. If you have the option of taking dinner, go for it, the ostrich fillet was excellent! Same for the breakfast! Location is excellent, close to the national park, for kayaking/hiking, and the seven passes road.
Great service, lovely atmosphere and would definitely stay again
Denise and Lou are the highlight, they were extremely welcoming and couldn't do enough for you. The property is beautiful, lovely setting and location, close to restaurants, beach and nice walks. Great breakfast too and well stocked honesty bar.
Tom, United Kingdom
Breakfast was absolutely delicious!
The view was spectacular. Our room was comfortable and we lacked for nothing. Had an amazing weekend and would recommend this place to family and friends.
Shanna, South Africa
The room was very nice, but small. Shower and tub! Nice view! The owner very kind!!
We love this place. Breakfast is 10 out of 10!
Warm Welcome and perfect host, Louis and staff. It was wonderful to stay here in the middle of your winter with these nice sunny days. Many birds in the garden and the special Knysna Turaco on one ofour walks.
Ron and Marijka, Netherlands
An extremely warm welcome and a wonderful stay. Denise and Lou were exceptional hosts. The dinner they cooked for us was one of the best during our trip.
Carole, United Kingdom
The room and the bed was great! Fantastic breakfast! Very friendly owner, he did all our reservations for our dinners and recommend us wonderful restaurants. We will come back for sure.
Great place to rest and be happy
Very friendly hosts, we absolutely can recommend the delicious dinner prepared and served by the hosts. We had a wonderful evening together
Telephone : +27 (0) 44 877 0750
Mobile (Cell) : +27 (0) 81 558 9558
WhatsApp : +27 (0) 81 558 9558
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org